Edvard + Tove Kindt-Larsen
b. Denmark, 1901 / b. Denmark, 1906
Danish design duo Edvard and Tove Kindt-Larsen met at the Royal Danish Academy of Fine Arts, School of Architecture while studying under professor and school founder, Kaare Klint. During their studies together, they discovered their collaborative spirit together and their affinity for fine materials and their complementary contrasts, often combining glossy surfaces with untreated wood.
In 1945, they established a design practice together after Edvard, with Tove's help, made a name for himself at the Cabinetmakers' Guild Furniture Exhibition through his furniture. The Kindt-Larsens would go on to design silverware, jewelry, textiles, lamps, and high quality modern furniture. From the 1930s to the 1960s, the couple were among Denmark's preeminent designers, working actively in the areas of design and architecture.