b. Denmark, 1937
Bernt Petersen, often known simply as Bernt, was a Danish architect and furniture designer. In 1957 he trained as a cabinetmaker and in 1960 he graduated from The Royal Danish Academy of Fine Arts, School of Design, where he would later work as a teacher from 1978 to 1985.
After he finished his education Petersen worked at Mobilia and Hans J. Wegner before opening his own studio in 1963. His furniture pieces were predominantly made of light wood, such as Ash and Beech. One of his finest pieces is a small, light stool in rosewood and cane with beautifully shaped legs, designed in 1959. Some of his designs have been used in theatres and concert halls across Denmark.