c. Copenhagen, Denmark, 1886
In 1886, brothers Theodor and Ferdinand Krüger founded a woodturning workshop in Copenhagen. Today, Brdr. Krüger is a self-producing design and production company that has become a leading Danish maker, where the commitment to woodcrafting traditions has been nurtured for over five generations, ensuring the same high quality in every piece that leaves this still-family-owned workshop.
Brdr. Krüger's design DNA is born out of the aesthetics of the mid-century Danish modern movement, reinterpreted for a contemporary audience. By working in close partnership with prominent Danish designers and architects of the times, Brdr. Krüger brings a new turn on tradition with the same design philosophy of its predecessors: honest design that is simple and functional in natural materials, that appeals across generations.